Vegetarian Living: April issue
Click here to order back issues
Yellow is the colour of April. From Easter chicks to pale primroses, everything seems to take on a sunnier shade as spring emerges. This issue is no exception, from Rachel Demuth's golden turmeric recipes, celebrating this magical spice in recipes from Iran, India and Jamaica, to beautiful bakes that are perfect for serving up at family gatherings.
Although many of us will be celebrating Easter in some way – if only by having a break over the bank holiday – it's also a reminder that many of us choose not to include eggs or dairy in our diet. In this issue we meet vegan blogger Katy Beskow, aka Little Miss Meat Free, and discover her simple, ethical and thrifty approach to cooking, while Angela Liddon, creator of the hugely popular Oh She Glows blog, shares her latest batch of plant-based recipes. I'm also delighted to reveal that our regular food writer Chava Eichner is launching her new vegan kitchen column from this issue, kicking off with ideas for adding a rich, smoky flavour to your cooking.
If you're inviting a crowd over for Sunday lunch, we've put together some wow-factor recipes that are perfect for that centrepiece dish – just add your favourite trimmings (page 68). And for a sweet treat, Sarah Beattie's light and fruity fools are just the thing to round off your family feast.
For everyday cooking, you can't beat Claire Thomson's wonderful family-friendly dishes (page 76), designed to inspire children to love good food, which I'm sure you'll agree is one of life's greatest pleasures.
Inside this issue...
- Make the perfect Italian risotto every time with step-by-step tips from Valentina Harris
- A scrumptious shopping guide to the best vegetarian, vegan and free-from chocolate treats for all the family
- Popular Oh She Glows blogger Angela Liddon shares more delicious plant-based dishes
- Choose from traditional simnel cake to pretty vintage cupcakes for your Easter gatherings
- Katy Beskow’s simple, thrifty vegan dishes can be on the table in just 20 minutes!
- Chef and cookery school tutor Rachel Demuth goes in search of gold with turmeric-spiced recipes from Iran, Jamaica and India
- Pare back your prep time with Kathryn Bruton’s five-ingredient midweek meals
Where to find the magazine...
Vegetarian Living can be found in selected Asda, Boots, Budgens/Londis, Eason, M&S, Morrisons, WHSmith, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose and all good newsagents across the UK.
You can also purchase the Vegetarian Living magazine online.
Looking for information about a previous issue of Vegetarian Living?